Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Unity 5.x Cookbook - I just love Unity!

Can I just say I love you, Unity 5.x Cookbook?  You've come into my life at the perfect time for me to fall in love.  I've been using Unity 4.x for about a year now, I saw the release of Unity 5, and thought, "What?  A new version to learn?"  In walks Unity 5.x Cookbook in all your glorious insight and cookie cutter scenarios.  How could I not fall in love?

Okay, back to reality.  It is a great book.  But remember, this is a cookbook, with recipes.  Even if you don't know anything about Unity, you'll learn a great deal by the end. Not only will you understand how to perform basic GUI and animation, but you'll also learn about some of the new features Unity 5 has to offer.

You'll need to be able to read C# in order to get the full effect, so Google c# if you need a refresher before reading this book.

Starting in chapter 10 the author starts to really help you perform some advanced topics that most books gloss over or don't even cover. Things like communicating with a website and securing your game; as well as securing your source code.  It's a thorough book and if you follow the steps like I did, you'll be able to modify that knowledge with your own ideas in no time at all.  I love Unity and I now love this book because it will be a great reference for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment